1. Your contract with us
- a. These terms and conditions set out the basis upon which we supply satnav guided tours, rental vehicles and accessories for customers.
- b. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. If there is anything you do not understand, contact us by email for an explanation.
- c. To make a booking, you must complete and submit our online booking form. You will have the opportunity to identify and correct input errors prior to making your booking. Following receipt of your submission, we will send you a written order confirmation by email, at which point the contract between us will come into force.
- d. When you agree to our online booking form, you accept these booking and rental terms and conditions as well as our driver terms and conditions (collectively, these documents form “the agreement”).
- e. The agreement is available in the English language only.
- f. A copy of the agreement will be supplied to you by email along with our order confirmation.
2. Booking cancellations
- a. You may cancel your booking at least 24 hours before the rental period is due to begin. To cancel in this way, you must send to us a written cancellation notice by email.
- b. Similarly, we may cancel your booking at least 24 hours before the rental period is due to begin. To cancel in this way, we will send to you a written cancellation notice by email.
- c. If your booking is cancelled in accordance with this section 2, we will promptly refund to you any amounts you have paid to us in respect of the booking.
- a. Your tours will consist of a satnav-directed self-drive tour following the itinerary specified on your booking form.
- b. The tour will be in the language specified on your booking form.
- c. Tours are dependent upon circumstances outside our control. For instance, roads may be closed preventing the completion of part or the whole of a tour. Accordingly, we reserve the right to change the tour you have booked, whether by removing or substituting elements of the itinerary, or to substitute a different tour.
- d. We are not responsible for any road closures or other matters outside our control.
4. Vehicle and rental period
- a. We will make available to you a Renault Twizy for your tour together with a satnav and any other accessories included with your tour.
- b. You will have the vehicle for the period specified in the booking form. We may agree to extend this rental period, but the total rental will not be for more than 1 day.
- c. You must bring back the vehicle on time.
- d. If you breach this agreement, we can ask you to bring back the vehicle before the end of the agreed rental period. To do this we will send you a written notice. Once we have given you the notice, you will no longer have our permission to have the vehicle. We may then take back our vehicle. If we believe you have given us false information, we may take back the vehicle without giving you any notice.
5. Who may drive the vehicle?
- a. Only you, any driver named at the time of entering the rental agreement online, and anyone we have given written permission to, can drive the vehicle.
- b. Drivers must have a full driving licence which is valid for the type of vehicle rented. The licence must have been held and valid for at least 12 months in the case of UK, EU and Commonwealth driving licences where the driver is aged 25 or over, and 24 months in all other cases.
- c. Drivers must be between the ages of 21 and 77 (78+ by prior arrangement).
- d. Drivers must not be engaged in any of the following acts, occupations or professions: (i) professional entertainment or theatrics; (ii) professional sport; (iii) jockeys or in connection with racing of any sort; (iv) undergraduates or students unless aged 25 or over; (v) US military personnel.
- e. Drivers must not have had more than 1 fault accident in the last 3 years.
- f. Drivers must not have been disqualified from driving for a period exceeding 6 months in the last 3 years or for a period exceeding 3 months in the last year.
- g. Drivers must not have had insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or any special terms imposed and/or had an insurance policy cancelled or avoided by an insurer.
6. Driver terms and conditions
- a. You will be asked to agree to our driver terms and conditions when you submit our online booking form. In addition, when you collect your vehicle, each driver will be asked to sign a copy of the driver terms and conditions.
- b. Each driver must supply to us sufficient identification. We will usually ask for 2 means of identification, as well as a driving licence, at the time of agreeing to the driver terms and conditions.
- c. The rules set out in the driver terms and conditions are duplicated in sections 5 to 10 of these terms and conditions.
- d. You must ensure that each driver complies with the driver terms and conditions. Any breach of the driver terms and conditions by any driver will constitute a breach of the agreement by you.
- e. In the event that you are liable in respect of a matter under these terms and conditions, and a driver is liable in respect of the same matter under the driver terms and conditions, then those liabilities shall be joint and several.
7. Collection, inspection and return of vehicle
- a. You must inspect the vehicle and any accessories we provide before you take the vehicle. If you are not satisfied with the vehicle or you do not think the condition of the vehicle meets our pre-rental inspection report, you should let us know.
- b. If we have agreed to drop off the vehicle at an address you give us, you will be responsible for the vehicle from the time we drop it off.
- c. Unless we have agreed to collect the vehicle from you, you must return the vehicle to the location or rental branch we agreed. You must return it during the opening hours or at a time we tell you. When you return the vehicle, our staff will check its condition.
- d. If we have agreed to allow you to return the vehicle outside of our opening hours, you will remain responsible for the vehicle and its condition until our staff have checked it. We may need to clean the vehicle before our staff can check its condition.
8. Use of vehicle
- a. You are responsible for and must take due care of the vehicle.
- b. You must not leave the vehicle unattended.
- c. You must not sell, rent, lease, lend or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts. You must not give or try to give anyone the legal rights to the vehicle or transfer legal ownership.
- d. You must not let anyone work on the vehicle without our permission. If we do give you permission, we will only give you a refund if you have a receipt for the work we have given you permission for.
- e. You must not carry in the vehicle: (i) any dangerous substance, object or goods; (ii) any substance, object or goods for which you need a licence from the relevant authority; or (ii) any substance, object or goods, which, because of its or their condition or smell, may harm the vehicle or delay us renting or selling it.
- f. You must not take the vehicle outside the geographical area specified in the online order form. The vehicle may be automatically disabled if this happens.
- g. You must also not use the vehicle or let someone else use it: (i) for any illegal purposes or in a way which would cause nuisance; (ii) to carry passengers for a fee; (iii) for driving lessons; (iv) to tow or push any vehicle, trailer or other object; (v) for racing, pacemaking, in any contest, or to test the vehicle’s reliability or speed; (vi) off roads or on roads unsuitable for the vehicle; (v) if the driver has been drinking alcohol or taking drugs; (vi) if it is loaded beyond the manufacturer’s maximum weight recommendations; (vii) to carry unsecured loads; or (viii) to carry more passengers than the vehicle was manufactured to legally carry; or (ix) any business purpose, including any courier services, mail delivery, food delivery, motor factoring, wholesale, news agency deliveries or other delivery business.
9. Offences, fines and restoration charges
- a. You must pay all fines, charges, and costs (including legal costs) arising out of or relating to any congestion charges, fixed penalty charges, speeding fines, box junction fines, camera fines, parking offences and charges, road-traffic offences, and other offences involving the rental vehicle. In addition, you must pay to us an administration fee (of £30.00 per fine or charge incurred by you) if you incur any such fines, charges and/or costs.
- b. You are also responsible for all fines, charges and costs relating to the vehicle being seized, clamped or towed away; these include for recovery charges arising from the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA), HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), the police, or any other public organisation (or their agent) who has seized the vehicle. In addition, you must pay to us an administration fee if you incur any such fines, charges and/or costs.
- c. You are responsible for paying the appropriate authority or company for any charges and costs if and when they demand payment.
10. What to do if you have a fault, an accident or the vehicle is stolen
- a. You must let us know as soon as you become aware of a fault with the vehicle, or if the vehicle is stolen or involved in an accident.
- b. If you are involved in an accident, you must not admit that you are responsible. You should: (i) get the names, contact details and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses, and the name and number of any attending police officer; (ii) take photographs of the scene of the accident and any damage to the vehicles involved; (iii) make a note of the insurance details of the other persons involved and record details of any injuries; (iv) make a note of the registration numbers, makes and models of the vehicles involved, as well as the numbers of passengers in those vehicles and any unusual behaviour by any person involved; (v) make sure the vehicle is secure; and (vi) tell the police straight away if anyone is injured or if there is a disagreement over who is responsible. You must not move the vehicle if this could increase the damage to the vehicle. You should describe the situation as fully as possible when you are asked to do so by the police and us. You must then fill in our accident report form and send it to our address.
- c. If the vehicle has been stolen, you must confirm this in writing as soon as reasonably possible. You will also need to: (i) get the names and addresses of any witnesses and give them to us; (ii) send us any notices or other documents relating to any legal proceedings arising out of the theft or loss; (iii) help us and our insurers in any legal proceedings, including allowing us to take legal action in your name and defending any legal action taken against you; and (iv) give us back all keys and report the theft or loss to the police as soon as reasonably possible.
11. Our responsibilities
- a. We will identify and tell you about any existing damage to the vehicle before you take receipt of the vehicle.
- b. We have maintained the vehicle to at least the manufacturer’s recommended standard. The vehicle is roadworthy and suitable for you to use at the start of the rental period.
- c. We are responsible if someone is injured or dies as a result of our negligence.
- d. We may also be responsible for any loss you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement.
- e. We are not responsible for any loss which is a side effect of the main loss and which we or you could not have predicted, such as loss of profits or loss of opportunity (for example, losses associated with missing a flight or not being able to go to a business meeting).
- a. We are only responsible for loss or damage to property in the vehicle if the loss or damage is a result of our negligence or if we have broken the conditions of our agreement.
- b. You are responsible for removing your personal belongings from the vehicle at the end of the rental period, as we are not responsible for any items you leave in the vehicle. If you do leave items in the vehicle, we may agree to keep them for you to collect within a reasonable time.
- a. Our charges are based upon our current price list as published on our website when you make your booking, plus the charges specified in this section 13.
- b. All prices listed on our website include VAT.
- c. You will be responsible for paying to us all the charges and other amounts (even if you have asked someone else to be responsible for them).
- d. Our charges shall include the tour booking and rental fee agreed when you made the booking and paid in advance.
- e. Our charges may also include: (i) a charge for every hour or part of the hour you have the vehicle after you should have returned it to us, at the rate specified on our website when you book; (ii) charges for delivering and collecting the vehicle; (iii) a charge for an extra driver; (iv) charges for accessories such as child car seats; (v) our reasonable costs for storing items in accordance with section 12(b); (vi) any costs and liabilities we may incur as a result of, and administration charges reflecting our costs for dealing with, those offences, fines and charges under section 9; and (vii) any costs incurred recovering the vehicle where we have a right to do so under this agreement (including under section 4(d)).
- f. Subject to section 14, you are responsible for any damage to the vehicle, whether or not you are at fault, including damage caused by hitting low-level objects such as bridges or low- hanging tree branches. You will have to pay our reasonable costs for bringing the vehicle back to the condition stated in the pre-rental inspection report. This could include the cost of any damage inside and outside the vehicle, cleaning costs if the vehicle is very dirty, and replacing any items or accessories. If the vehicle is stolen or written off, you will have to pay our reasonable costs for replacing the vehicle
- g. Without prejudice to the specific charges identified above, you must compensate us for any loss or damage resulting from you breaching this agreement.
- h. You must pay to us daily interest in any amount you do not pay us on time, at the rate of 5% a year above the base lending rate as published by Bank of England. You must also pay to us our reasonable costs (including the costs of any debt collection agent we may appoint) spent recovering any amount you do not pay us on time.
14. Our motor insurance and damage protection programme
- a. We have a legal responsibility to have third-party motor insurance. This provides cover for claims if you injure or kill anybody, or damage their property. Cover for damage to property is limited to £1 million.
- b. You will benefit from the provisions of our motor insurance cover. During the booking process, we will give you full information on the motor insurance cover and any restrictions which may apply. You acknowledge that, where a claim is made under the motor insurance cover, you must make the applicable excess payment (including any additional excess payable by drivers under 25 years of age).
- c. You may also be given the opportunity, during the booking process, to agree to and benefit from our damage protection programme, which reduces the excess you must pay to us in the event of a claim under the motor insurance cover. We will provide you with information about the changes to the excess payment under damage protection programme during the booking process.
15. Data protection
16. Ending this agreement
- a. We may end this agreement if you breach this agreement.
- b. If you are an individual, we may end this agreement if: (i) you are or become bankrupt; (ii) your belongings have been taken away from you to pay off your debts; or (iii) a receiving order has been made against you.
- c. If you are a company, we may end this agreement if: (i) you are or become insolvent or you go into liquidation; (ii) you call a meeting of creditors; or (iii) your goods have been taken away from you until you pay off your debts.
- d. If we end this agreement under this section 16 it will not affect our right to receive any amount you owe us under or in relation to this agreement.
17. Disputes and law
- a. We aim to deal with all disagreements fairly and calmly in accordance with our complaint handling policy (a copy of which is available on our website).
- b. We are members of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA). If we cannot deal with a disagreement, we may refer the matter to the BVRLA’s conciliation service. You may also complain directly, or refer a disagreement, to the BVRLA’s conciliation service. The BVRLA code of conduct is available at http://www.bvrla.co.uk/RentalCode.
- c. This agreement is governed by English law. Any disagreement shall be settled in the courts of England.
- d. This agreement contains all the conditions which we have agreed and replaces any written or verbal agreements we have with you.
- e. The agreement is for our benefit and your benefit, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party (including other drivers). The exercise of our or your rights under the agreement is not subject to the consent of any third party (including other drivers).
- a. References in the agreement to “the vehicle” shall apply to each and every vehicle that you rent under the agreement, while references to “accessories” means any accessories and items that we supply with the vehicle, including satnavs, camera equipment, video recording equipment, keys, and other locking and security devices.
- b. Where this agreement specifies that we must give written notice to you, that notice may be given by us sending an email to you to the email address you have given on the booking form; and where this agreement specifies that you must give a written notice to us, that notice must be given by sending an email to [email protected]
19. About us
- a. The name of our company is Double T Enterprises Ltd (registration number 10700885).
- b. Our VAT registration number is GB 269891927.
- c. Our registered office is at Round Shaw Farm, Ipsden Heath, Wallingford, Oxon, OX10 6QR.
- d. Any written notices that you send to us under or relating to this agreement should be sent to that address.